Happy Valentine's Day!
I hope you all have a lovely day spending time with someone you love!
And if you would like a treat to give to someone special how about...
Heart shaped, chocolate dipped, sprinkle covered chocolate brownies
Now that is a mouthful if ever there was one!
But they are seriously good! And festive! And chocolatey - oh so chocolatey!
These are inspired by Sally's Chocolate Dipped Brownie Bites.
How to make these bites of chocolate heaven....
1. Whip up a batch of your favourite brownies - box or homemade, whichever you prefer. I used this delicious recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction (can you tell I am addicted to this blog!)
2. Let your brownies cool. While they are cooling, put your heart cutter in the fridge - you will need a deep metal cutter in order to cut out your brownie shapes.
3. Cut off the top of your brownie - the crust bit - with a knife
4. Using your cutter, cut hearts out of your brownie (I got 12 hearts out of an 11x7" pan - and one of mine broke so it would have been 13) - don't forget to try some of the scraps to make sure it is delicious!
5. Put your brownies in the fridge for an hour
6. Melt a 200g bar of dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water
7. Dip your chilled brownies in the chocolate and immediately top with festive sprinkles
8. Put back in the fridge to set
9. Devour with someone you love!
Have a wonderful day!